Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Poor man's plight

Now Listening to: Guided by Voices (Propeller)

What a day. Work is a trial. It seems everytime I get a shot at things lightening up, somehow they are made harder. Artificial deadlines that are really stupid. I got to do the lionshare of the layout tonight so my boss could go to a basketball game. Woo, I'm doing someone else's work. Also because Joe wants to go home for the weekend I get to work a 12 hour day Saturday, including driving my shitty car to Roanoke and back for a football game...thanks for nothing.

It just feels like I'm the one who always has to make the sacrifice and do the extra work. That would be fine if I were the editor and getting paid for it, but as it stands I'm not. I make shit and apparently that allows them to treat me like shit. I'm nearing the end of my nice guy tether. After that I go into just doing barely enough to get by and fuck you if you need a favor.

I want a new video game, but don't want to pay a ton for it. Plus there isn't a whole helluva lot I'm interested in at this point. I'm still considering getting Gladius, but I want to trade for it. I dunno, I should be saving money. I also want to get some nice poker chips, but they aren't cheap and I may have to sacrifice some other stuff if I want to get them. Oh, did I mention it's getting ridiculously cold and my top is still shitty? There is always that. Arrgghh!

No comments: