Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The way he wore it made it look more like a tourniquet

Last night I was floating through the ether of cyberspace when I discovered something cool. It's a site that keeps track of all the songs I listen to on my computer. It's pretty badass. I'll be linking it in on the side panel there when I get around to it, but for those of you in a hurry to see bands you most likely aren't familiar with here is the link to my profule at Last.fm.

Obviously it's far too soon to see the grand scheme of my listening. It's currently kinda slanted toward a lot of new bands I've been trying on lately, as opposed to the bands I tend to listen to more often. It'll pan out. Anyway with the addition of that link I will no longer be doing the What I'm listening to thing at the beginning of posts. I'm evolving.

Last night I watched I (Heart) Huckabees. I don't know the keystroke for the actual heart, but whatever. It was pretty good (foot massage) in a quirky way. It had a bit of a Wes Anderson feel, but with a more modern look and didn't have his usual themes of faded glory. But it had a kickass cast and some very nice existential discussion.

Tonight I headed to Trip's for How I Met Your Mother and various other entertainments. We ended up watching a history channel show on the history of marijuana in the U.S. It's funny to note that most of the War on Drugs started from laws used to keep minorities marginalized. That's not liberal propaganda, that's fact.

It's hard for me to understand why our government can't learn from it's past mistakes. We banned alcohol, it didn't turn out well and so we legalized it again, but legislated it a certain way. Couldn't you do the same damn thing with drugs? I dunno, I could go on a tirade, but I'm gonna let it go. It's just one small example of the stupidity of a large beauracracy run by rich, white people.

No comments: