Thursday, January 12, 2006

What's done is done

So I discovered this band Xiu Xiu recently and while they are anything but conventional I am enthralled. There is this song Ale, that's so heartbreaking, it literally brought tears to my eyes. This song is very minimal, woodwind sounds a voice filled with sorry, anger and resignation. It's really amazing. I know some aren't really into sad music, I understand it's the equivalent of a tearjerking movie (although usually not as long). But if you are down, check it out.

Also this tidbit for Nick, I heard someone describe The Hold Steady as sounding like Counting Crows. I admit this isn't my first comparison, but I know how crazy you are for the Crows and maybe I can get you into a band I'm loving. I feel sure that the Hold Steady are a little more about the darker side (drugs and whatnot), but there honestly is some Christian influence there. Seems like being on drugs can make you seek out salvation. Anyway I'm just here to inform, you can choose to act or not as you see fit. No pressure.

Anyway tomorrow is my big interview and I'm hopeful. I still have to weave my shirt and whatnot, but I feel good. I can do whatever needs doing.

3 comments:

NickVNC said...

Good luck on that interview man....wow them with your witty repartee. What job is it?

I will check out the band....

eric said...

Something at the Fox station in Roanoke. Not sure what the job description is at this point, but, honestly, as long as it's not mopping up the place I'll be happy.

NickVNC said...

I previewed a few tracks...I dig em'---I might download a few tracks---thx