Friday, April 16, 2004

bad beats all night long

Now listening to: Air (Talkie Walkie)
Now reading: A Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin)

Tonight was pretty much as I expected, an essay in annoyance. Initially I thought work would turn out to be ok, as I kept focused and designed what I thought was a pretty sharp looking sports page. Of course when I took it to be proofed at 9:30 it had to be remade to put the two racing stories together. Never mind the fact one of them didn't have art and was a stupid quote story. So my pretty page got tossed and moved about until it was unrecognizable. And my editor wonders why I don't go the extra mile on the regular basis. Every time I try to do a good job, someone comes along and fucks it up, so why bother, it's just going to be fucked up anyway.

Anyway, after making it though the night I come home and settle in and try to install some of the games that trip hooked me up with. I installed Halo with little trouble, but when I tried to play online it forces me to download a patch that makes it deny my cd. Bummer. I also tried to install UT2K4 but it won't let me because I don't have an access code. It's like these companies don't want me to steal their software. Damn.

So I gave up on that and played some poker at Partypoker for play money. I learned that I don't know much about pot limit holdem and felt brutalized when my big slick fell to 43 suited. I had two pair, he had the wheel. Brutal.

This air album is very good. Soothing. I recommend it to anyone relaxing with a good book.

Tomorrow I'm debating getting going early and seeing a matinee of kill bill. That way I won't get sold out by trip this weekend, when he invariably goes to see it. I do need to put together my new laptop table tho. I dunno. Maybe I'll wait on the movie until next week.

No comments: