Tuesday, April 06, 2004

It's a sad and beautiful world

Now listening to: Blonde Redhead

Well I survived the NCAA tournament. Thank god the game finished relatively quickly. Will the women's be as easy tomorrow? Probably not. Work was busy all night, tons of calls, waiting for the game. It was troublesome.

Been a while since I actually posted eh. Well let me catch you up on my less than exciting activities. Saturday Trip and I did go to Danville to see Hellboy and shop. Hellboy was pretty good. I liked the villans and the whole Lovecraftian elder gods revived motif. I did manage to spend too much money, as is usual. I got Tiger Woods 2004 and that is pretty sweet. I haven't played it as much as I should, but I'm probably going to kick it after I finish checking out all the stuff online.

Sunday I did very little. I decided I wasn't leaving the house early on and resisted the temptation to drive to Greensboro to play poker with Nick and his friends. I probably should have gone, but was feeling really lazy. I still need to call that cat and tell him what's up. I do like getting the invites and don't want to blow him off.

So instead of raising, calling and folding, I stayed at home and had a Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon, watching the remaining 10 episodes in season 5. I've got to get a life, but that show is highly addictive. I now have to blast my way through season 3 of Angel and I will be caught up with all the DVD stuff.

I also watched Jim Jarmush's Down by Law, featuring Tom Waits, who just kicks ass. The movie was decent, not great. A little too slow, but Waits was good. I want to get more of his early work.

Today I just bummed around playing video golf until work and then hit the office. I'm gonna try to get my broadband set up tomorrow so I can kick the high speed tomorrow. I've still got to figure out if a typical wireless adapter will work with my imac.

No comments: