Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Fuck the champagne, we want gin

Now listening to: Les Savy Fav and the Raincoats

It was cold as a bastard tonight at the baseball game. I got to cover my alba mater and watch them lose a 10-9 game despite a rousing comeback. You know covering college sports is pretty sweet, but man do I suck at baseball. I have no idea how to write about it and make it even the least bit interesting. It's definitely a weak spot for me, I suppose it doesn't help that I tend to be bored by the games and lose focus.

But it was cool hanging with Gary, my old boss at Ferrum. He's a good guy and we clowned around all night. Plus Scoop was there, a sports writer that covers Ferrum. He's funny is a weird way, kinda off kilter, but a good guy. Just keep your hands away from his mouth when he eats. It's scary. He looks like a fuckin weedeater.

Tomorrow will be another long night, as I'm hitting the soccer beat again. I'm hoping it warms up some, I don't feel like freezing my nuts off again. The girls game should be interesting, but the boys game will be a foregone conclusion.

No comments: