Thursday, April 22, 2004

Kelly watch the stars

Now listening to: Air

Well it's been a pretty uneventful night. Covered a couple of soccer games, got a couple of burgers and watched Chappelle's show and South Park. Chappelle's Show was a clip show, which sorta blew as I've seen them all. Of course even after seeing it a lot, it's still the funniest thing on TV.

After that I kicked out a little Diablo 2. I also tried out a demo for the new FPS Painkiller. I like some of the features, but man do I blow at it. I got owned by the computer at the normal difficulty. Sad, really.

Found out that my fellow sportswriter, Joe, is leaving the Bulletin for greener pastures. I can't blame him, but I hate to see him go. He's a cool guy and never left my ass blowing in the wind work-wise. Plus now I'll end up having to train another new guy, who will undoubtedly be a complete douche bag. That will suck ass. Of course I shouldn't worry about that since they won't hire anyone until just before football season. We'll get to make due all summer short-staffed. Which probably is for the best as there is never anything that really needs covering. The only time we'll really suffer is at the end of spring sports when all eight sports finish at the same time. That's gonna blow.

I'm gonna go and read some now and try to finish A Game of Thrones, so I can buy the sequel A Clash of Kings tomorrow. I'm silly.

Oh I'm also gonna kick the Kiwani's pancake day tomorrow. Got a free ticket from work (apparently someone likes the sports department). Might try to cajole trip into meeting me there for dinner perhaps. C'mon Trip, it's pancakes and sausage for $5. You can't say no to that.

No comments: