Monday, April 26, 2004

Growing and expanding or maintaining the status quo

Now listening to: Fugazi (live)

Finally saw Kill Bill 2 today, it was pretty good. The first was a little better I think, more action. This one was a little indulgent on Tarantino's part. He seemed to embrace the excessive with this movie, particularly when it came to face and feet shots. Plus some of his lines are a little odd and off beat, sometimes working and sometimes not. But all in all it was well done, the training sequences were nice, although I would have liked more of them.

I got my live Fugazi stuff in the mail today, which was really quick. They have a couple of nice little handwritten notes, which I thought was a nice personal touch. Plus so far these things have rocked. Thier first show could have been recorded better, but how can you fault them for production on thier first ever show? Fugazi is one of the best bands of all time, plain and simple.

I've been thinking about this blog a bit lately and not sure it's living up to what I want. A month or so ago I showed this site to Kevin and he asked me who it was for. He meant was it accessible to everyone on the web (which it is) but my response was that it was for me, i.e. I'm the one who I'm really interested in satisfying by writing it. It's been a boon, it helps me organize my thoughts about stuff and get a perspective. However, it often does live up to it's name of incoherent rambling.

What I'd like is to start posting more coherent statements on things and less boring chatter on how my day went. Of course, sometimes getting that crap off my chest is theraputic so I'm not sure which way to go. Maybe I'll start another more serious blog to keep more organized and keep this one as it is. The question is can I keep up with two blogs, particularly if one is going to take more dedication than my thoughts sprayed out in shotgun splatter form.

No comments: