Tuesday, April 20, 2004

March of Death

Now listening to: Tortoise

I just finished playing a couple of hours of Diablo 2, which I broke down and bought at Walmart tonight. I have no self control. But so far it's been lots of fun, most of the same stuff I did when Danny let me play at his place for a while. I'm playing as the necromancer (Fear my undead legions!!) and having a good time with it. I also signed up on battlenet, but I want to play through the single player game before I really try to get in on that. The graphics are a little dated, as you would expect from a game released in the last millenium. But I love wandering around and slashing stuff or having my skeleton cronies do it for me.

Work was ok tonight. The girls soccer game was kinda dull, but the boys was hard fought throughout. It went into double overtime and ended tied 1-1. Excellent soccer. Of course all that overtime meant I didn't leave work until 11:30, which blew, but it's the price I pay, I suppose. Could be worse, Corb was still at school when I left I do believe, poor bastard. He's only got like two weeks before the spring production and it's crunch time.

The Game of Thrones is really good. I highly recommend it, I still have like 300 pages left, but it has offered up some nice twists. I'm intrigued to see where it all goes. Of course that means I'll have to get the next two books. Oh well.

Tomorrow I'm hoping will be fairly slack. I'm just supposed to write a fluff piece on a soccer team that broke it's seven-year losing streak. I fear I will be coopted into going to a baseball game as well. That would bone. I need slack after race week.

No comments: