Monday, April 26, 2004

Life sucks no matter what, so don't be fooled by location changes

Now listening to: Les Savy Fav and Elliott Smith

Well I did make it to Greensboro today and was relatively good on the money spending tip, not perfect, but better than usual. I resisted the urge to buy any video games. I did buy the Matrix Revolutions and a Tom Waits album, (Nighthawks at the Diner).

Let me just say that Tom Waits is awesome. This album is one of the best things I've heard in a long time. It's smooth piano jazz with Waits' scratchy voice and cool sense of humor. It's recorded live in a nightclub somewhere and it's incredible. I'm going to have to buy more of his older stuff just to see if it's even close to this. I liked his newer stuff, but this blew me away. It's more traditional and laid back. The other stuff I have seems more out there and maybe more bitter, not that that is bad, it's just different.

Our foray into Greensboro was relatively uneventful. Had lunch at The Macaroni Grill and mine wasn't that great. The chicken parmesan didn't live up to what I had imagined, although the house chianti did compliment it well. I also made the mistake of ordering desert, a desert ravioli with diced Snickers bars in it. It wasn't that great and I was stuffed when we left.

After returning to the bountiful lands I call home (note sarcasm) I hung at Trip's and watched some TV. The new season of Viva La Bam and Wildboys had me laughing my ass off. Those goofy bastards always are doing something silly. After that I came home and goofed off for a while and I just watched Daria: Is it fall yet? which kicks ass. I love Daria. Wish they'd release the series on DVD.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to lay around for most of the day and then may see Kill Bill 2 with Trip, if I can drag my ass off the couch. I intend to watch the Fisher King and perhaps the newest Matrix movie. I also have Angel: season 3 and Futurama: season 3 I borrowed from Trip.

Gads I need a life, not more DVDs. Maybe I'll also try to work on some writing as well. ...no guarantees on that tho.

No comments: