Thursday, September 09, 2004

Bunk, I say, bunk!

Now listening to: Minor Threat

Another slackass day in the books. Hung around, went to Trip's and we got dinner then did some grocery shopping (we look so gay walking around a grocery store together, it's sad) and then watched some TV. Watched the 60 Minutes on the guy that helped Bush into the Texas Air Guard. I am actually tired of all the Vietnam talk in this election. Can't we just do some talk about the issues...the fact that W hasn't done anything, except start a highly controversial war and destroy the environment. That he's just a corporate toady and needs to go.

Umm, after that we tried to watch the British version of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. It was less than good. I am a little bored with the original (although watching it with friends and making fun of people is fun) and this new version lacked the charisma that the first one had. So we switched to Good Eats, which is a pretty good cooking show.

I came home and applied for a PR job at VCU and am now typing this up and digging some straight edge punk done right. I think I may hook up some Culdcept before bed and if that gets boring move into Virtua Fighter 4: Evo.

Hopefully I won't have as much trouble updating tonight as I did yesterday. It just wouldn't work...I do notice that my few dedicated readers come back to see if I've updated more when I don't. Hmm I could drive up my numbers by making you guys wait. :)

Last night I ended up finishing Grass for his Pillow and it was ok. Clearly there are going to be at least a couple more in this series and this was basically a set up book, putting the pieces in place for the future action. As such, it lacked the energy of the first one and was more about character development. Not bad, but not great, (+1 chainmail). I am now moving on to Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold. It's a loaner from Kevin and I'm only a couple of pages in, but it seems cool. I'm not going to stay up until 6 a.m. reading tonight tho. At least I had a dreamless sleep afterward, that's a definite plus.

No comments: