Monday, September 13, 2004

Should I stay or should I go?

Now: watching the end of the Packers/Panthers game

Well one of my worst nightmares has come true. A moment of decision, that will dictate how I want to live my life. The Danville Register & Bee just posted an opening for a sports reporter/designer. Essentially the same job I had at the Bulletin. The pay would probably be worse than I made, but the benefits would be better. The question is do I want to go back to that or should I wait for something better? That's no easy question.

Now that my life has settled in a little with unemployment I'm a lot less stressed. Sure I'm still prone to depression derived from not having a job or a lot of money, but when I was working I got depressed for having a job. It's just one of those things. I don't know if I want to go back to working nights and all the other crap that goes with reporting, but it could be a lot better than other jobs I might get. It's a conundrum. I'll have to apply some serious thought and maybe talk it out with some people. Danville isn't great, but it's better than Mville (marginally). So that's where I'm at with that. I am applying for a social studies teaching gig at Radford, that I think would be ok. Maybe I'll get that and all will be well.

That's pretty much taken up my thoughts since I got home from Trip's, where we watched Fear Factor (yesh) and the first half of the game. I can't really think of anything else to talk about right now. I anticipate that it will be difficult falling asleep tonight...although the fact that I stayed up until 7 a.m. finishing Carter Beats the Devil last night. It was a good story and I'd say it rates a foot massage.

No comments: