Friday, September 24, 2004

I'm gonna take your tongue out and lick my ass with it

I really wanted to post yesterday, but wasn't able to. My internet went down in the afternoon and I just got it back online (with the help of my friendly neighborhood cable dude). Anyway I ended up hanging with Trip yesterday (big surprise) and we went to Danville and did our thing.

We came back and played Def Jam: Fight for NY. My initial thoughts were that this game had to suck, it's licensed crap and looks like a wrestling game, but actually it's really good. I know I was as surprised as you are. Anyway we played that for most of the night and there were some really funny lines in it (a la the title here today). I'm saying it's a foot massage with filet mignon potential. It's just a little difficult at times.

Anyway I am supposed to call about the teaching job in a coupla minutes and see how that goes. Keep your fingers crossed.

I also finished reading Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. It's an interesting book about a totalitarian government that sponsors this killing game where they take a class of 14 year olds and put them on an island and make them kill each other until only one is left. It's a Japanese translation and it's pretty good. The only trouble I had was that sometimes it was obvious that the language difference was hard to overcome. I'm saying this was a foot massage as well.

Oh, Kevin called me today and invited me to see Wilco tomorrow, for free! It's gonna be pretty sweet. I've been meaning to call that cat anyway, so this is a plus. OK I'm going to make the call now.

No comments: