Sunday, September 19, 2004

We can't park here, this is bat country

Now: ready to go to bed

I've been too distracted to write for the last coupla days, between playing Fable and whatnot. Fable is pretty sweet, but a bit flawed. I still have a ways to go tho before I can make a concrete rating.

Today Trip and I went to Danville to see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Actually we went there, had dinner, shopped a bit and then drove home to see the movie. It was an odd circumstance and it just worked out that way. Anyway the movie was pretty good. The critics quotes used in the ads made it seem like it'd be a lot better tho. Still it wasn't bad, just not as immersive as I would have liked. I did like the effects and the design of the villanous robots. I'd say it tetters on the line of +1 chainmail and foot massage.

While shopping I picked up the Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded basically because I'd heard good things and it was only $20. I really like some of the character designs, but man do I suck. I thought I'd be ok, but really I'm pretty clueless. I will need some time to figure out what does what before I hit XBox Live.

Last night I fiddled with Fable and watched a lot of TV. I found myself watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas again and giggling quite often. Man is that a great movie. Some of the lines lifted from the book are also incredible...in particular the soliloquey about how you could see the highwater mark where the 60s culture of peace was turned back. That's just good drug-fueled writing. I recommend it to one and all, the movie and the book. (Filet Mignon, with headcavingly orgasmic moments).

In the wake of all the tornados and hurricanes, the weather has turned into fall and I like it. That nip in the air is wonderful, I only wish my Jeep were less open. Still it's nice to go outside and not immediately burst into sweat. I love the smell of fall air too, seems so brisk and refreshing. Plus fall fashions are much more flattering on the big man.

No comments: