Sunday, September 26, 2004

Committing suicide really slowly

Now watching: all three football games in small doses

Well yesterday was funfilled. It started with a trek to my aunt's wedding, which went incredibly quick. In and out, no muss , no fuss. The only truly notable moment was when the minister talked about psycho weirdos who believe that marriage could be between something other than a man and a woman. Nothing better than a anti-gay marriage rant worked into the wedding ceremony. On a day that's supposed to be about a celebration of love, the minister works in a little bit of bigotted hate. That's nice. Anyway, aside from that debacle I had a good time hanging with the fam. and joking around at the reception.

After I left the reception I hightailed it to Reed's apartment to go and see Wilco with he and Kevin. We had a pretty good time. Some good conversation on the way down and back and the show was kickass (foot massage). Technically those guys were awesome and while they tend to be more on the mellow side usually, when they broke it down, it was excellent. It was also good to hang with Kevin and Reed and break out of the usual. Sometimes I just need something different to do to keep my sanity.

Today I'm gonna kick back a bit. I'm not really that interested in any of the games that are on early, kinda dull. I still need to beat Fable, so I can trade it in for something else and I mean it this time. I may also give Trip a call later and try to see Shaun of the Dead, which I hear is good.

No comments: