Sunday, September 05, 2004

We're not going to makeout

Now listening to: The Shins

I had an early morning today as Mom woke me up around 9 a.m. I had to finish making some cds to send to Gabe so she could mail them today. It was odd being up in the a.m., but not all bad. After finishing my cd making project I watched TV for a while (the NCAA football pregame on ESPN) then called Trip. We went to see Garden State in Danville.

I knew I was going to like this movie, just judging from the reviews I read and what Nick said about it. I was totally right and it may be one of my fav. movies of the year. It was quirky and a little moody, with just the right amount of funny. I really like Natalie Portman, she's beautiful and just seems like she'd be someone that's just fun to hang around. Maybe I'm just projecting. Anyway I'd say the movie was Filet Mignon. I'm always ranting about how much I love Wes Anderson's work and this movie had some similar motifs.

The one problem was that the movie made me start thinking about how things are going in my life. That's really not a good thing at this point. I've become one of those people that avoids talking to someone they know because they are embarrassed about how their life is going and don't want to hear how great things are for others. Bitterness is not a pretty thing.

Anyway other than that not much happened, the standard Halo playing and goofing off. Oh, we watched part of the Dave Chappelle standup on Showtime and that was pretty cool. He's a funny motherfucker.

I'm now debating downloading some Frou Frou, who were featured heavily in Garden State alongside The Shins. Some Nick Drake might be better, but I think Kevin has some of his stuff. That'd give me an excuse to visit that guy, plus I need to take some of his DVDs back to him.

No comments: