Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Hideous, screaming pain!

Now watching the Skins/Cowboys game

Hmm where to begin. Yesterday was fairly uneventful after my post. I finally finished Fable and the ending was blah...I took the evil path, which was certainly more fun. After that Corb, Trip and I grabbed dinner and had an intense religious discussion. Corbin has some intense and unbending ideas about religion that caught me off guard. It's his right, I suppose, but it still boggles my mind. While Trip and myself were diametrically opposed to Corb's beliefs the whole affair stayed civil, which is a rarity.

The problem I always have with those discussions (besides the fact that noone has ever had their mind changed because of one) is that ultimately it all comes down to the question of faith. Believers always throw the "You've just got to believe it." ball at you and it's impossible to dodge. The really annoying ones make it seem like it's some fatal flaw in your character that you don't believe in their imaginary friend. That really pisses me off.

Today I managed to stay away from intense philosophical discussions and did very little. I watched Life or Something Like It, which was ok, but nothing I'd be that interested in watching again (Meh.), although I do really like most of Edward Burns' acting roles. After that I went to Trip's and we watched some Invader Zim, American Chopper, The Daily Show and generally just goofed off.

The Redskins are having some issues in this game. Lack of offense to name one. I think the problem is that Joe Gibbs is essentially still playing with Steve Spurrier's players...which isn't the best idea. Oh on a similar football note I'd like to rub in the fact that my Steelers beat Nick's Dolphins. The Phins' offense is kind of floundering about at the best of times. Add hurricane force weather and the Steelers defense and running game managed to grind it out against a suffering squad. Of course Nick is already lamenting the season so I'll let him off easy.

1 comment:

NickVNC said...

Yeah thanks for not piling on.