Saturday, September 04, 2004

I've got the 21st century breathing down my neck

Now listening to: The Smiths

Went to my alba mater's first home football game tonight with Danny and was stunned. With the two schools combining it was a nightmare. The stands were packed and I had to wait forever to get in (which is a stark contrast to the way I used to sneak through). Anyway we finally get in and sit in front of the loudest people, who explained "I payed my $5 I'm gonna yell all I want!" It was obnoxious.

On top of that, Magna Vista didn't look so great. I'm not sure if it's because the team they were playing was so good or if they have just went down a notch. The offense sputtered all night and the defense allowed the Fleming RBs to break tackles all night long. We left at the beginning of the 4th quarter when Fleming picked off a MV pass and returned it for a touchdown to give them more than a 2 TD lead.

We then picked up some beer and hung at Trip's for a while, playing Halo and Soul Caliber 2. We also watched The Daily Show where they rip into Zeb Miller's tirade, particularly when he challenges Chris Matthews to a duel. That is funny stuff, as he's a total wackjob.

Now I am home and considering bed (beer makes me sleepy). Not sure what's on tap for the rest of the weekend. It's Labor Day weekend and I don't have to labor...pretty much like every other day.

No comments: