Thursday, September 30, 2004

Danny Devito! I love your work!

Now listening to: Air (Moon Safari)

Well today was pretty good...aside from waking up to the sound of an obnoxiously irregular chainsaw. My neighbors are huge fans of any and all gas powered engines. The kids ride motorcycles around the yard all the time (it was go carts when they were younger) and the parents are constantly mowing or weedeating or something. Hell, when it's winter they often have a gas-powered generator going for no reason at all (or so it seems to me). Anyway today it was a chainsaw and I considered going across the street and showing the proper technique for dismembering. But since it was around noon I let it go...this time.

I had planned to go out and get my Jeep inspected and apply for a couple of crap jobs...but ended up with a late start. I was surprised to find out that I already had a new inspection sticker that my dad had to have gotten today. What a pleasant surprise.

So I collected a bunch of old games and Trip and I went to Danville for some trade action. A nice meal at Quizno's (we love the subs!! cause they are good for us!) and hit EBGames. I traded in four games and School of Rock and picked up Burnout 3 and paid for half of Halo 2 on a preorder...not a bad deal actually.

We then came home and played Burnout a bit, then watched Mean Girls which was pretty good. It had some slow moments, but there was one line that made me nearly bust a gut. Oh my god I laughed my ass off for 10 minutes after it and am still giggling about it several hours later. It is, of course, the title of this post and honestly I can't tell you why it was that funny...it just was. As for the whole movie I'd say +1 chainmail...although the fact that Lindsay Lohan is so hot makes me consider a higher rating.

After that I came home with the intention of geeking out with my new game...I got sidetracked and ended up finishing The Princess Bride, which was very good. It would have been better if I hadn't seen the movie before, but it was still excellent. Ya know, after thinking about it some I think the movie may be better overall. It's not that the book is bad (not at all) it's just that the movie does a better job of consolidating the story as a whole. Also you get the great characters brought to life with some excellent acting, a la Andre the Giant (Obey the Giant!) and Mandy Patankin. Even Billy Crystal is awesome and how many movies can you say that about (this one and When Harry Met Sally, everything else is kinda ehh...)

No comments: