Friday, October 01, 2004

When the devil came he was not red

Now listening to: Wilco

Well again I intended to post last night, when my internet went down. After a long series of internal cursing I decided to go to bed relatively early. Of course this only meant that I slept longer instead of actually rousing earlier. But it's a good day to sleep, what with the cloudy and all. Also magicalyl my internet was back on, so I don't have to kill anyone at the cable company...yet.

Anyway yesterday I ended up at Trip's and we plunged the depths of automotive madness with Burnout 3, ramming into everything within our grasp. I managed to eke out a come from behind win for the nightly total, but it was never easy (damn you stealer icon!). After that we watched the presidential debate, which I'm glad I did actually.

Initially I was reticent, as I am fed up with the bullshit political crap I've been reading for the last three months. Kerry actually seemed to have a plan for his presidency, rather than rely on the fact that he can't possibly be worse than Bush. It was a pleasant feeling seeing someone with an idea of what needs to be done to get the U.S. back to an international ideal, instead of just being the bully on the block.

Bush seemed flustered throughout the debate and just kept repeating his mantra about mixed messages, flip flopping and "the wrong was, the wrong time, etc." After the debate, Guiliani tried to spin it like Kerry was lecturing, while Bush was appealing to the common man, but that's not how I saw it. Kerry mopped the floor with him. I'm now looking forward to the debate on domestic topics...Bush really has no leg to stand on there.

The Daily Show was fun to watch afterward, especially the bit about how the two campaigns tried to spin the debates beforehand and lower their expectations. Good stuff, I also liked how John Stewart called Guiliani on how Kerry seemed to have it all together while Bush looked bewildered. I'd have to say that the Daily show is the best news show on tv, IMHO.

No comments: