Thursday, October 28, 2004

A smile makes all the difference

Now listening to: Fugazi

Haven't posted in a couple of days because Blogger didn't want to play. Some problems with the system I suppose, not really sure. Anyway I actually did something out of the ordinary today, so that's good. I went to Kevin's new house. He and Courtney just bought it and it is really nice. Since Kev is a loyal reader I am required to say this even if it isn't true, but in this case it definitely is true. Looks like a nice community, the house is quite nice, both inside and out. Seems like a good place to have a family...if you're into that sort of thing.

Anyway we had a good day tooling around and hanging out. Got to spend some quality time at Lowe's and Walmart. Big fun. We ended up grabbing Mexican food and heading back to the homestead to Courtney and little Eve.

Ok I think I've made my anti-child stance clear in the past. I'm simply not a fan for the most part. But I have to admit, when I was saying goodbye to Eve and playing with her a bit and she smiled it was really cool. I'm not saying that I have any desire to ever have kids, but that smile made me realize that having a kid could have its perks. But don't go thinking I'm a "big softie" as Kev called me, I'm still a hardcore asshole deep down and I'm not gonna let anyone forget it.

Anyway I drove home through the spitting rain and it wasn't really that bad, despite the horrible condition of my Jeep's top. I enjoyed the dissonant strains of Sonic Youth's oddly tuned guitars. Once home I watched the usual tv, caught the new South Park and then watched a bit of the new reality show cartoon on Comedy Central, I think it's Drawn In or something. It was ok...I might give it one more shot just for the pig character who kept crapping in odd things (like a cantalope and a sombrero), but it wasn't that great.

I also watched the last coupla innings of the World Series, just so I can say I saw history in the making. The Red Sox curse is finally over...so I can stop hearing about it. Now if we can only get this stupid election in the books. I saw Jesse Jackson on The Daily Show talking about voter registration scandals and I just know it's gonna be ugly after this election.

No comments: