Saturday, October 02, 2004

stampeding for the clitoris

So my life found two new ways to make everything suck today. For starters I caused an auto accident this afternoon and got a ticket. Don't worry, nobody was hurt (thankfully), but because I looked at my radio and drifted into the other lane, my neighbor and his friend had to swerve off the road and hit a mailbox. This decimated his mirror and window and so I got to spend over an hour today standing by the roadside waiting for a state trooper to come and issue me a ticket. There is also the added bonus of increased insurance rates when that comes around next summer.

The odd thing was that I was totally numb throughout the whole incident. I wasn't shocked or annoyed or anything...just numb. Maybe I'm just starting to expect bad things to happen.

The second way my life sucks is that after all that was done, I went to Trip's and my lower back started to ache in a new and interesting way. So that's fun, back pain and auto accidents, just when I thought I had hit rock bottom the world has a new level of downer. That is to say, everytime I think I'm getting onto life's freeway I end up in a cul de sac. I'm just scared about the next curve I get thrown, what could it be...loss of a limb? Ferrum somehow revokes my degree? I get bitten by a tsetse fly? What can it be?

So yeah, in an effort to not think about the myriad of ways my life is wanting, we played some Burnout 3 and Halo at Trip's and watched Monty Python's Meaning of Life, again. I don't really know that it worked, but what else could I do? Now I think I'm going to reread some Harry Potter, because while he has some issues it all comes out in the end and I need a happy ending at this moment.

No comments: