Friday, October 22, 2004

So ronery and sadry arone

So I went to see Team America: World Police and it was pretty good, not great, but good (+1 chainmail). It had some seriously funny moments and poked fun at both the sides of politics. (Although I think the liberals took a lot more heat.) The songs were pretty funny (particularly America...fuck yeah! and the ballad with the line "all I'm saying is Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you") and I like creative cursing. I mean come on, puppets saying Jesus titty-fucking Christ makes me laugh everytime, call me low brow if you will.

But even so, I don't like the concept of bashing celebrities for stating their political views and using their celebrity to bring attention to their causes. Isn't making people aware a good thing? I know those people can get a little too full of themselves, but they have the right to say what they want.

Anyway off the soap box, I also watched a tape Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the final presidential debates in Spin Alley, and man was that funny. He rips the spin artists to shreds and had me guffawing at his lines. "Was it painful when you had your shame removed?" Or to Karl Rove, "you're the brains for President Bush...I thought you'd be a smaller man." Ohh it kills.

I also was treated to the Apprentice and Survivor again at Trip's behest...I know I should just leave, but I end up hanging around and watching these damn shows. They are like any drug, you do it once thinking it doesn't matter and then you're hooked. While I'm not in full addiction mode yet, I got way too involved in the boardroom sequence tonight. Gotta kick it before the monkey gets on my back. Well that's enough ruminating on movies and tv for tonight.

No comments: