Sunday, October 24, 2004

You're so off you're on

Now listening to: Sebadoh (Bakesale)

So Trip, Corb and I went to see Friday Night Lights tonight in Danville. It was really good, particularly if you like football. I thought it was well acted, not heavy handed with the message action and the editing was very visceral. It really felt like you were on the field. I had read the book, which naturally has more depth, and thought it was good and this movie does a nice job of keeping the heart of the book intact.

After that it was dinner at Red Lobster and back home for some Halo action. Trip had to get up early to park cars for the race so we called in a night around 10:30. I came home and watched some football highlights and then The Venture Bros. (which is one of my fav. things on tv these days.

Later on I watched this cool thing on CSPAN with Jon Stewart answering questions. Gotta love that guy, he's just the man. My Aunt Yvonne sent me a cool article about him from the Washington Post and I'd link to it if it weren't a registration site. Who wants to sign up for all that crap? My faithful reader..I think not. I'll email it to you if you ask. He was awesome on Crossfire.

Anyway now I'm fiddling around the net and playing poker for play money. I've been focusing on playing Omaha and 7-card stud, just for variety. Plus I can usually own the play money games at hold 'em. Not that I'm cocky, it's just those people have no idea how to play for real. Plus I like trying to figure out different games. Just makes it more interesting. Tomorrow should be a lazy day of watching football and perhaps watching a movie or two.

No comments: