Saturday, October 09, 2004

Keep your unit on ya

Now listening to: The Distillers

So anyway I managed to stay occupied today. I watched some of Angel (Season 4) and that was good. I then proceeded to Trip's for our standard Halo night. I kicked it into high gear and put myself on top most of the games I played. Hard to deny the fact that I dominated, even for someone as skeevy as Trip.

Anyway after our Halo fervor fizzled for the night, we watched the end of the debate. I didn't see the beginning, but what I saw was pretty even. It's down to different ideologies for the most part, with each side distorting the other side's arguments and trying to impugn the integrity of their opponent. Bush clearly had been coached on not looking like such a jackass when Kerry was speaking, it was funny to watch. But yeah I'd say it was a rub overall, with Kerry's arguments making so much more sense to me.

Came home after that and watched Jersey Girl, which was universally panned by critics. It wasn't the best movie ever put together, but it didn't deserve to be crapped on as much as it was. Basically it was caught up in the whole Gigli fall out and paid the price. It was well written (Kevin Smith just writes good dialogue, hands down) and Liv Tyler was good in it and man is she a hottie. She has a really sexy look and clearly isn't rail thin. (One of the few starlets that has a body like an actual woman you might see on the street.) I'd rate the move at +1 chainmail, which is the lowest rating I'd give any Kevin Smith movie.

Incidently the post preceeding this one is all about a discussion Trip and I had over the flavor of water (or lack thereof). I won't get into specifics, but sufficed to say I won and he reverted to simple Republican smear tactics (basically denying the subtlety of my arguments and just blasting forth with his "You're wrong argument, which I admit is one of my own personal specialties...but nonetheless, I'm right this time).

No comments: