Friday, October 29, 2004

Is it necrophilia if they're undead?

Now listening to: Wilco

So today was rainy and as such, I couldn't drag my ass out of bed. So I didn't go back to Kev's today, perhaps tomorrow. Instead I watched the movie Cronos, which was ok, somewhere in the Meh. to +1 chainmail range. I then scrambled around town, hitting the bank and stopping by the DMV for a drivers guide. This is so I can pass the stupid license renewal test I have to take. I'm nervous that I'll fail and get a ticket on the way home, that seems to be the type of luck I've had this year.

I also hit the library and checked out a few books to read (cost effective). After all that I picked up some pizza and headed to Trip's and we watched the Dawn of the Dead remake. It was pretty good I suppose (+1 chainmail), but didn't hold a candle to the original George Romero film (foot massage). That's partly me being a snob and partly the movie not having anywhere near the same level of social commentary. Also I have to say that I prefer slower, campy zombie to the fast killing machines in the new movies. I like goofy zombies that even I can outrun, what can I say? I also like it when zombies yell "BRAINS!!!" just cause it makes me laugh.

Anyway from there we watched The Apprentice, which was the same as ever. I'm scared by how quickly I have taken to the show tho...more reality tv infesting my brain is bad. Still I enjoy how The Donald always works his big pimping shots in. The plane flying him in and the limo rolling around the city. It's so nouveau riche.

No comments: