Monday, October 11, 2004

Don't say no, just say you don't

Now listening to: Built to Spill

Well I've been pretty slack about blogging this weekend. What can I say, I've been otherwise occupied with my usual brand of doing nothing. Saturday Trip, Danny and myself rolled into G-boro for some low grade hijinks. We didn't really do much notable there, but we came home and changed Danny for Corb and played X-Men Legends for a bit, which is fun, but more difficult that I expected. I think the teamwork aspect makes it harder, as I suck at working with a team. I'm a loner Dotty, a rebel.

Today I got up and watched the Steelers toss a beating to the hated Browns, which was awesome. Roethisberger looked really good again and the offense seems to be clicking. I'm just hoping it clicks again next week against the Cowboys, as Mike will never let me live it down if they don't.

After that Corb, Trip and I hooked up once again for pizza and more X-Men Legends, but I got home early and watched the Skins-Ravens game. I thought Washington was going to do me a favor and beat Baltimore, but I should have learned by now not to count on a team that's named after a racial slur. Anyway I then watched adult swim and some NFL highlights and that brings me pretty much up to date.

I'm thinking I might lay low this week and try not to leave the house a lot. This is an effort to not spend money, as my bills continue to mount. I opened my internet bill today to find that it was double what I thought it would be. Naturally I was outraged and fumed about it. Anyway after further review it seems they are switching me from paying for last months to paying for next months...which means I get to pay for both this month, along with my wonderful auto ticket. Man I hate being poor.

Anyway I have some good stuff to keep me occupied while staying in this week. I got Das Boot from Netflix and that wonderful German film is over three hours of subtitled goodness. I also have almost a whole season of Angel to watch. So my efforts to become a total shut-in have a good foundation. If anyone needs me I'll be on my couch.

No comments: