Wednesday, October 13, 2004

343 Guilty Spark

Now listening to: Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (Damage)

So yeah, I watched more Angel today and then went to Trip's where we played Halo. Now I know I say I play Halo all the time, but this time we did co-op in the story mode instead of deathmatching. I've never beat the story mode, mostly because I don't really enjoy that sort of thing by myself. It's more fun with a teammate, which is odd since usually I hate teaming up in games.

Anyway nothing very exciting going on, same old crap. I'm currently playing online poker (and losing to jackasses. (How do you call a preflop raise with J2 offsuit?) I'm also listening to the new Blues Explosion album that I borrowed from Trip and it's pretty good. I have to admit they have never been one of my fav. bands, but this is a solid album.

I was considering watching Das Boot, but that's a lot to absorb. You really have to be in the right frame of mind to start a movie like that. I think I'm gonna play poker for a bit and then read for a while. I'm reading this book, that's actually three books about a world where Norse mythology is true. I've always kinda dug Norse mythology (particularly Odin). Unfortunately the writing isn't so great. It's ok, but it seems kinda rushed together...I've come to expect more from fantasy writing a la Robert Jordan or George R. R. Martin. But then again there is my weakness for all things Norse and it's nice to see Loki get what's coming to him.

No comments: