Sunday, October 31, 2004

Consumerism on Devil's Night

Man am I tired. Last night I had some trouble falling asleep. This is a rarity, but it happened for one reason or another. Then just as I was starting to drift off into slumber, my downstairs neighbors roll in with the base. They have a LOUD conversation outside and then, the capper, they turned up 102 Jamz. This was at 5:30 a.m. Things finally quieted down around 6 a.m. and I fell asleep a little later. Only to be plagued by bad dreams all night. So that sucked.

Having told Trip I would go with him to G-Boro at a decent hour I got up around 11:30 a.m. feeling like crap. So there was that. For about half the day in G-Boro I felt like ass, but I finally came out of it around 5 p.m. I suppose.

The reason for our expedition was that Trip was planning to buy a new tv and he did. He went crazy 8 bonkers with his new credit card and got a sweet ass 44-inch Zenith HD LCD screen that has a fantabulous picture. I'm officially jealous. He also picked up all the high falootin' (that's just for Abby) cables and a new DVD player to top it off. So he was in electronics nirvana. Of course this meant I spent half the day wandering around electronics departments bored while he looked, but I suppose it could have been worse.

To fit his monstrous tv into his Tracker, we had to put the top down for the ride home. Fortunately today was the warmest day we've had in a while, so I didn't freeze my nads off.

Feeling in the Halloween spirit I picked up a couple of classic zombie movies, Evil Dead 2 and the original Dawn of the Dead. Both of these are timeless classics in the rotting undead genre. Anyway I'm going to go hit my pillow with extreme prejudice and be up and focused for the Steelers-Patriots game tomorrow.

No comments: