Saturday, October 30, 2004

Heaven ain't close in a place like this

Now listening to: The Killers

So today was the typical Friday for me these days. I slept late (the sound of rain outside making my slumber all the more pleasureable). When I finally rousted I fiddled online for a bit then prepared for the trek to Trip's.

As I was leaving I got into a political discussion with my mom, who is going to vote for Bush. I really don't understand why and asked her what Bush had done to merit her voting for him. She replied that she wouldn't vote for "a damn liberal" and I was amazed. When I asked her to give me some positives she saw in Bush she said he married Laura Bush. (She has a thing against Theresa Heinz for some reason I haven't fathomed yet). She also mentioned how Kerry applied for his own purple hearts. When I commented on how neither of those things had anything to governing a nation, she just laughed.

It seems like Bush supporters never have hard reasons for voting for him, it's always some intangible thing or something they don't like about his opponent. Then when you try to give them facts about how horrible the Bush administration is, they never have anything to say, they just refuse to acknowledge it. I find it frustrating.

Anyway Trip and I grabbed dinner at El Parrel and then went to his pad, hooked up with Corb and played Xmen Legends and Halo. After Corb bailed, Trip and I played Mortal Kombat chess to get even more name brand games in.

Ohh yeah, last night I found out that this online game Guild Wars was free for the next coupla days and so I gave it a try and it's ok. It's a little hard to figure out at first, but it's fun. It reminds me of playing Diablo, except it's a persistent online world. If you can try it out, I say go for it.

No comments: