Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Froggy went a courting and Bender is great

Now listening to: Cap'n Jazz

A full day of doing nothing. There are few things more satisfying than doing nothing when you are in the mood for it. Today was perfect for it and I vegged to my maximum potential.

I watched The Great Escape, which was very good. Loads of notable actors putting together a solid movie. My only complaint was that it was too long, 2.5 hours. But all in all it was good, I'm saying foot massage. I also watched The Transporter, which was ok. The DVD was scratched so I didn't get to see the very end, which annoyed me, but honestly I don't think the Oscar clip would have been there. I'd rate it +1 chainmail, but that's only because I was in the mood for mindless. Catch me on a different day and it could be Shaq-fu.

I also watched the finale of the World Series of Poker. There were some excellent hands and some interesting moments. I do have to say that this one seemed to have a little less personality than last year's tournament. I think it was partly because Sammy Farha wasn't there. Also when Marcel Luske went out in 10th place, the final table lost a lot of personality.

Anyway I'm still undecided what to do about the whole Danville paper job. I'm really not sure I want to go back to working nights and weekends all the time and making no money doing it. Right now I'm making no money, but at least my nights and weekends are free. It's a question of whether I believe something better is out there for me that I can do well. Also a question of whether I'm willing to wait for it.

Anyway tomorrow I am gonna go and apply at some crap job that I won't get and maybe get a haircut, which I need desperately. I also intend to pick up Fable, which I hope lives up to some of the hype.

No comments: