Saturday, July 10, 2004

Cherry Blossum Girl

Now listening to: Air

Well it was Halo night in a big way. Kev came down and we kicked it five player style and that was pretty cool. Trip and I started drinking early and about halfway though the evening I had a headache. Didn't stop me from fragging the crap out of those Noobs, but it was less than optimal. I think it's just the eye strain of watching that little screen. It's funny on a small screen I end up with a headache and with a full screen I get motion sickness. Damned if you do...

But we had a good time. Corb was rocking at one point and won his first ever match. Then won another a little bit later. He's coming into his own.

The only problem with that type of game and gaming with the guys at all is that it unlocks the worst side of my competitive nature. I talk shit when I win and get pissed when I lose. I'm more annoyed with myself when I'm not on top and hate it. I feel like I have to win to be satisfied and that can be too much pressure. I mean I have fun, but I focus on it too much if I lose. I dunno, I don't like having to prove my masculinity every time I pick up a controller, but I feel like that's what I'm doing. Funny that I don't approach a lot of other things that way. Might be better if I did, depending on the things.

No comments: