Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Interrogated

Yesterday was simply trying. I had to talk ot the unemployment office about my termination from my job. They will rule whether I am eligible to receive benefits. The call was nerveracking. The woman kept asking me questions like "Did you work as hard as you could to keep your job?" Who does that? I did enough to get by and maybe a bit more. I mean would you bust your ass everyday for a job that underpaid you and made you work nights, weekends and holidays? Also one that refused to give you a shot at promotion, even after you've spent time doing the job. It's just poor. I felt physically ill after the call. It was a nightmare.

It made me feel like I was doing something wrong asking for the benefits that I've paid for over the years. Like I'm trying to hoodwink the system. At this point I fully expect them to deny me the benefits and then I'll be completely shit outta luck. That's the way my life seems to work these days.

After that I didn't feel like doing anything. I ended up watching Armageddon on Fx and spending the whole day doing nothing. Later on Mom and I watched Along Came Polly, which was better than I expected, not that that's saying a lot. I'd say +1 chainmail overall.

Today I have to help Danny and his family move. I can't say I'm looking forward to the physical labor, but you can't say no to your oldest friend in the world.

Man I need to shave and shower...I smell like a dead animal.

No comments: