Friday, July 30, 2004

Hail to the Chief

Now listening to: Sonic Youth (Sonic Nurse)

I'm in a pretty good mood for a change. I had my interview for the teaching job and feel like I nailed it. I was a little nervous and rambled a little bit, but that may have helped. I'm pretty good at interviews I think...well depending on the situation. I was once in an interview where I had decided I hated the woman interviewing me and no longer wanted the job. Basically I just crapped out there. But for the most part, interviews are my friends. The key is staying cool and being honest. I'm not too bad at thinking on my feet and having a good answer. I find out if I got the job sometime next week.

After that I filled out another application (fulfilling my unemployment responsibilities for the week), bought some lunch and came home for a meal then a nap...well an on and off nap, where I watched the Aqua Teen Hunger Force second season DVD during moments of lucidity.

After rousing myself I went to Trip's and we watched Celebrity Poker and then John Kerry's speech at the DNC. I have to say the speech was pretty damn good. It really brought things together. He covered all the things he needed to, the war on terror, domestic policy, the environment and finally having a bipartisan government working together to solve problems. I also appreciate his stand on stem cell research. Kerry just seemed to earnestly have the best interests of America in mind. I guess it's not hard to seem that way in comparison to the administration we have now. I'm hoping for a big boost in the polls and really can't imagine what a Bush victory in Nov. would be like.

Vote Kerry!

No comments: