Tuesday, July 27, 2004

vile, just vile

I stink. I haven't bathed in two days and haven't shaved in five. I am entering full derelict mode. I feel bad (mostly because I haven't showered I think) and I can't get a call through to set up an interview for that teaching job. It's annoying. Their phone has been busy all fucking day and it's driving me absolutely apeshit.

On the plus side I am officially a ward of the state and receiving "Gubment" checks. I got my first on yesterday. A day which I did almost nothing of note. I watched Love, Actually which was pretty good (+1 chainmail) and re-read Shampoo Planet, which is an underrated masterpiece (Filet Mignon). I also watched several hours worth of tv that had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Last night a thunderstorm forced me to go lowtech so I spent much of the evening listening to cds and reading. I also stared into the walls of my room for quite a bit thinking. As I was sampling from my massive cd collection I started thinking about how certain songs really resonate with me. A short list of songs that shake me to my core almost every time I hear them:
  • The Dismemberment Plan- You are Invited
  • Fugazi - Merchandise
  • The Minutemen - History Lesson Part II
  • The Eels - Going to Your Funeral
  • The Cure - Just Like Heaven
That's just a few I thought of off the top of my head. I'd like to hear back from the few people who read this site about their personal soulshaking songs. We could both make a cd of those songs and trade them. It'd be cool, think about it.

No comments: