Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Fighting back the despair

Another day in the reclining position. I spent most of it reading Christopher Moore's Fluke, or I Know why the Caged Whale Sings. It's very good. Good humor, nice and upbeat. I suppose I have also done some other little things, organized my cds, listened to some good music. I fired up my old Mac and am currently listening Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, which is very soothing. I'd say it's a Filet Mignon album. Just plain well done.

I'm also burning some cds to send to Gabe in jolly old England. It's hard because we don't always agree on what's good, but I'm making the effort anyway. He'll be better off experiencing new things even if he doesn't like them.

Soon I will be going to Corb's for a stay at ye olde pool in a bit. It seems like a good evening for it.

Got a call from the employment office today and I have to sit by the phone on the 12th at 11:30 to talk with an agent to see if my claim is going to be approved. My luck it won't be and I'll be up Shit Creek sans paddle.

Albums that I have listened to and been surprised at how good they really are in the last few days:
1) Wilco (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot)
2) Tortoise (Standards)
3) Bauhaus (Gotham)
4) Interpol (Turn off the Bright Lights)
5) The Cure (The Cure)

No comments: