Thursday, July 29, 2004

police states suck

Made the trek to Greensboro for a bit of poker. Started things off with a nice fat meal of breakfast food at IHOP. I had been suffering from a breakfast food craving for a while and now it is satiated. Finally. I then proceeded to Nick's domicile for some poker hijinks. Unfortunately the game had been called off, unbeknownst to me.

Nick called the troops in and scrounged up a game for me (thank you Nick), so my trip was not in vain. Actually I wouldn't have minded if the game were cancelled, it wasn't a big deal and I was having a good time chatting with Nick and Abby. Abby and I were trying (unsuccessfully) to change Nick's mind about the upcoming election. He's a Bush person and I'm not sure why. Of course, really I'm not sure why anyone is a Bush supporter...oh well, live and let live I suppose.

But the game did come together and we played for a while. It was pretty fun, I started off with some nice hands and went up quick. Then the cards dried up and I made some pretty weak calls to chisel away at my winnings. I ended up winning $4...which pays for about half the gas it took to drive there and back...actually probably less. Still I had a good time and all is well. I shouldn't complain, I did win. Losing my ass and paying for gas would bone. Plus I finally got my Modest Mouse cd back after leaving it there for months.

I did manage to get four of a kind jacks at on one hand, which was pretty cool. Pocket jacks and then got another jack on both the turn and the river. Pretty sweet. Didn't get a call on the river tho, minimizing the size of the pot I dragged.

No comments: