Saturday, November 27, 2004

All in

Now listening to: Velocity Girl

So I had a decent night at the poker table. As I said, I went in expecting to lose, but ultimately I came out a little ahead. I put $20 in at the beginning of the evening and took $175 out at the end of the night! I could do no wrong. I saw awesome starting hands all the time and hit the flop a lot, even when my hand wasn't that great. By the end of the night, the guys left playing were completely demoralized. They all folded whenever I bet and it was probably a good idea, since I was never bluffing. It feels pretty damn good to be the big winner.

Some highlights: I had pocket 9s and the flop came down 9, 4, 4. I put out a guy who had bought in about two hands ago. Our host, Cal, was all in with a set of 9s and I had pocket Qs. I caught a my two-outter Q on the river to win. I have K5 of spades and play on a whim. The flop is three spades with the ace. So I got the nut flush and slowplayed it a bit.

You know I feel like I played well overall. Even if I hadda played just mediocre I would have won with the cards I was dealt, but I felt like I played really good on top of it. Of course, with the big stack it's easy to push people around and I did.

Plus I had fun hanging with Mike, Nick and Greg. Always good to hang with them. I'm annoyed that Adam is selling us out tomorrow. Annoyed, but not surprised. That mug has never picked hanging with his boys over hanging with his girl...never. I understand that some of the time, but come on, you can't always do it.

I'm feeling pretty charged up at the moment and I'm not sure how I'm gonna spend the rest of the evening. I may try to read, but I may just roll around in my cash roll.

No comments: