Thursday, November 04, 2004

Distant and cold and a sight to behold

Now listening to: Elliot Smith (From the Basement)

Well in a moment of weakness I downloaded the new Elliot Smith album and it's really pretty good. It's so damn sad. Of course that makes sense, as he committed suicide a while back. Really it's probably not the best music for a depressed person to be listening to...or maybe it is, I dunno. It's really good so far, I'm giving it a foot massage. I found the line "Give me one reason not to do it" haunting.

I'm sick of playing fake poker, there are too many idiots online (and in general). I'm thinking of doing some reading, but I felt like writing so here is this bonus post. Not sure who it's a bonus for, but here it is nonetheless. I should be writing something else, but I'm not feeling focused enough for that.

I finished reading Nicholson Baker's A Box of Matches today and it was pretty good. Really a nice observational book that dealt with quiet personal moments. I'd say +1 chainmail. I think I'm gonna dive back into the worlds of fantasy for a bit with some more Raymond Feist I got at the library.

I watched the movie Human Nature, directed by Michel Gondry and written by Charlie Kaufman. It was ok, but not what I have come to expect from those two. I also think it was tainted by a lackluster performance from Patricia Arquette, who I don't think is a good actress. Hot, but not really talented. Anyway I'm saying Meh. I got Cool Hand Luke in the mail today, so I am gonna finally take that off my never seen list.

I'm also gonna go start practicing for the Praxis test at the library tomorrow night. I've just got to do something and not be a total layabout (although I'm pretty good at it).

No comments: