Thursday, November 04, 2004

Wrongity wrong

Well my aunt fact checked me and I came up lacking. It turns out that the rabidly right wing George Allen is my senator, not Chuck Robb, so I proved my own dim bulb theory by being an idiot myself. She also pointed out that lawyers are good legislators because they understand how the system works. Which is a good point. Although one has to note that my aunt is, in fact, a lawyer. :P

I suppose my angst toward the system isn't really about lawyers holding the positions, that does actually make sense. My problem is that power corrupts, or as Frank Herbert pointed out "Power attracts the corruptible." Basically the people who work to get the power are exactly the ones who shouldn't have it.

My aunt also points out a number of flaws in Nick's list of presidential goodness, particularly concerning the environment. At this point I'm of the opinion that if we destroy the environment and can't survive it's no more that we deserve. It'll just be nature solving it's problems the hard way.

No comments: