Friday, November 26, 2004

Rock and roll ain't noise pollution

Now listening to: AC/DC

So Thanksgiving was pretty cool. I slept in...I mean I really slept in. It was nice and quiet. I got up and bumbled about for a bit, doing the internet thing and generally waking up. I flipped on the Colts-Lions game, which was a brutal beating. Manning is just looking phenomenol, six TDs today...amazing. The Cowboys-Bears game was substantially less well played. A defensive battle, because both offense suck ass.

My mom then prompted me to give Gabe a call and that was cool. We chatted for a while about this and that. I then played a bit of Halo 2 and found some nice soft games. Trip thinks I'm imagining this, but I'm telling you the games on the weekends and holidays are not as tough as the rest of the week. Especially during the times when I'm usually playing. I hypothesize this is because these are the regular guys who don't get to play the game for hours every day (a la the hardcore). They play it in bursts and level up in one fell swoop, but by the time they get back to the game they've lost their edge. Let me assure you that a couple of days off can curtail your skills, I've lived it. Anyway I won three matches today, which is a personal best.

After that I got my grub on...man I love gravy and mashed potatoes. I know it's supposed to be about the turkey, and I like that too, but gravy is the lubrication that makes everything go down smoother.

Corb and I then headed to Trip's for a little Will and Grace and some XMen Legends. We can't be far from the end of the game and I'm looking forward to it. I want to trade it in on and World of Warcraft is looking better every day. Anyway I'm off to play a little Fallout and maybe do some reading.

No comments: