Thursday, November 25, 2004

America is wunderbar

Now listening to: Rammstein (Reise, Reise)

So today when I got up I was greeted by a suspicious package on my desk. Initially I thought it may be anthrax sent by my arch-nemesis, then I realized I don't have an arch-nemesis. So I inquired further. I noted my brother's name on the return address and decided they don't have enough reason to send me dangerous chemicals, so I opened it.

It was a belated B-Day present that rocked the house! It put me in a good mood for the rest of the day, even when I was playing back-to-back games of oddball and crazy king in Halo 2 and losing like a mofo.

He sent me a bag full of Roasted Monkey Nuts, which made me laugh. They are only peanuts, but the name is hilarious. I'm debating eating them or saving them as a conversation piece...I'll probably eat them sometime. I also got a kickass sticker that's either a robot or a guy in a flame proof suit, not sure which. He also sent me a Lord of the Rings GBA game, that is cool.

He also got me Fallout 1 and 2 for my PC. These games are highly revered in the PC community and I've considered picking them up in the past. So I'm looking forward to giving them a try after I finish writing here. Gonna get my post-apocalyptic roleplaying on.

The final piece of my gift was a kickass card featuring the Penguin of Death. It's one of the coolest things ever. So yeah, Gabe and Kelly (his wife) made my day.

Other than opening wayward gifts and playing Halo, I hung with Corb and Trip for a bit and watched some crap tv. Last night I finished The Stupidest Angel and man that book is incredible. I laughed my ass off several times. I ended up staying up until 6 a.m. to finish it and didn't regret it. You all are commanded to go out and buy Christopher Moore's books, especially this one and get him some more recognition because he deserves it. I'm giving this book a filet mignon rating and could definitely see it working it's way up to the headcavingly orgasmic category in time. Off to defeat radioactive mutants.

No comments: