Sunday, November 07, 2004

Bubbling and heartfelt praise

Now listening to: Ambient webradio

So I had a really awesome day today. Normally I get kinda bummed out on my B-Day (feel free to check the archive to see last year's depression), but today I just said fuck it, I'm gonna enjoy myself. So Trip and I went to Greensboro and had lunch at the Green Valley Grill (or something like that) and it was nice.

We then went to see The Incredibles. OK I'm usually loathe to hand out the headcavingly orgasmic rating, because I think that it takes time for some things to prove their significance, give a brass ring to strive for (if you will). Sometimes a song or movie can wear thin after listening to it for a while or sometimes it can move into classic status by standing the test of time. So I'm restrained with the pinnacle of my rating system. That said, I give The Incredibles headcavingly orgasmic rating with no hesitation. It was over two hours of absolute wonder. Great story, beautiful animation, fantastic voice acting...it had it all.

There was one moment where I broke out into a full on smile in the theatre, not because it was a funny moment in the movie, but because I realized how much joy I was getting from the film. I may go see it again tomorrow (especially since the Fox station here will be broadcasting the godawful Lions-Skins game instead of the Eagles-Steelers matchup, but don't get me started on that). But do yourself a favor and see this movie, it's amazing.

1 comment:

NickVNC said...

Yeah Green Valley is Abbie and I's favorite restaurant in the boro...good stuff. I also must agree with your rating for The Incredibles...I saw it on friday and it was great. I can't wait for part 2.