Saturday, November 13, 2004

Power of the vowels

Now listening to: ...and you will know us by the trail of dead and Clucth

So another day devoted almost entirely to Halo 2. I know my life gets more sad every day, but this game is just awesome. I really can't get away from it. It's like crack, except a bit cheaper overall I suppose. I am considering getting online now and running a few games.

Danny wants Trip and I to hook up with some of the guys he works with and run a tournament. I'm probably selling out as I hate new people and am a naysayer. I just hate being in that situation where I'm not comfortable with everyone. What can I say, I'm antisocial.

Today Marvel Comics sued NCSoft, who created the game City of Heroes, which I ranted about a lot. In COH you can create characters that resemble Marvel characters and so they sued. This is absurd. COH has a robust character custimization mode and the players can pretty much make anything. I'm not sure how NCSoft is responsible for boneheads playing as Marvel characters, particularly when they actively dissuade the copycat characters by booting them. I tell you there is simply too much litigation in this nation and we're all worse off for it. OK I'm getting off the soapbox now, before I get too nutty.

No comments: