Friday, November 12, 2004

To boldly go...

Well Trip and I beat the campaign in Halo 2, so that's done. It was pretty cool, although the cliff hanger ending was a little abrupt. But what can you expect? That cliffhanger will help sell the Xbox 2.

I started the day off with some serious frustration. I decided to be industrious and put my new top on the Jeep. So I unpack the box and look through the instructions. The first thing I notice is that there are two screws that were missing from the contents of the package, so that annoyed me. Then when I started to read the instructions I realized that I need the original frame to the top. You know the one we took off to put my last top on...the one that had some serious wear on the moving parts. So yeah, I didn't get that top on and Bill has to find the old frame and hope it still works.

Ohh and after all that Bill comes in and starts to work on my exhaust, which has always been a bit of a problem. Come to find out the reason for that is there is a gasket missing from the exhaust manifold i.e. it was never installed at the factory. So all the crap I've had to deal with in the past is a direct result of some slacker at the Jeep plant. Arrghh. Anyway I'm hoping Bill can fix that without major issues and my we can figure out my top situation and my Jeep can get back to being a decent vehicle for the time being instead of the ghetto mobile it seems to be at the moment.

Enough with the trials and tribulations. I started reading Chindi by Jack McDevitt tonight and it's pretty good so far. A nice sci-fi tip that's entertaining. It's about the human race finding extra terrestrial life in the distant future after we've mastered space travel. Wow that sounds really nerdy when I type it out like that. All Star Trekky and whatnot.

No comments: