Friday, May 07, 2004

All alone in the danger zone

Now listening to: The Ramones

Wow it was rough out there. Tonight was hard on a brother at the poker tables. I managed to win $10, but it was a struggle. I didn't see a lot of hands early and dropped back a lot. I couldn't find a passive table to save my life and ended up sitting with a bunch of rocks. Then i tilted slightly and started playing loose-aggressive. It was not a good idea. I was down a lot before I managed to catch a break on the river after betting my top pair all the way with two callers. One of them I had beat on kicker anyway, but hte other caught bottom two pair on the flop and I lucked out. Still I made like $30 on the pot and made it into the black. So not too bad I suppose.

I still haven't seen a pocket pair bigger than jacks and the pairs I have seen never turn into trips. It's like a 7-1 shot that a pocket pair will hit on the flop and I've probably had 14 pocket pairs, I'm owed some. Plus I can't get big slick or AQ to hold up. It blows.

On to less complainy topics, I have a three day weekend!!! Wooo. I think tomorrow I am gonna try to filter through my old hotmail account and get everything i need from it and let it go. Four email accounts is way too many.

This weekend I also intend to re-read some poker books to refresh my memory on what I'm doing wrong at the tables. I need to tighten up and stop playing trash and calling bets when I'm in the blinds with crap. So much money thrown away...

No comments: