Saturday, May 08, 2004

Your sauce will mix with ours and that'll make a good goulash baby

Now listening to: Jay-Z (The Black Album)

I have to say that Jay-Z isn't as good without the help of the Beatles and Danger Mouse. It's nto bad but some of the beats are humdrum. I've often said that more of the rappers need to get with better DJs to make their albums pop better. A lot of my fav. hip hop songs start with a solid drum and bass DJ (Tricky, Roni Size, Goldie) and then add a good rhyme over them. The typical hip hop beat is flavorless, I suppose that's so it doesn't detract from the rapper, but for me music is about more than lyrics. You should be able to dig deeper.

I just finished going through all my hotmail messages I had left and deleting them. It was pretty cool as there were some messages over a year old in there. Plus it helped me notice how awesome some of the friends I have are. I swear the way Vishi, Karen and Dana support me is incredible. It's a small wonder that I think of college as the best time of my life. With those three giving me positive reinforcement all the time it had to be good.

But yeah, now I'm down to three email accounts. I may try and get it down to two, but dissing my yahoo account will be harder as I will have to go to some other sites I signed on through them and change my email address, like ebay and paypal. Maybe I should do that now. The lure of Tiger Woods is kicking in tho. Hmm...

No comments: