Friday, May 28, 2004

Feeling the flow, doing the bull dance

Now: preparing for bed

Had a good time in G-Boro tonight. Had an excellent meal at the Greene Valley Grill (I think that was the name). My pork chops were nice and the string beans were exceptional. Maybe the best I've ever had. So I give hte meal a definite Filet Mignon rating.

After that we tooled on down to Nick's pad for a friendly poker game. It went pretty well, with Mike going down quick, but managing to hang on for the rest of the evening. Well, until the very end when he gave me $3-odd just to finish up neatly. I ended up the big winner for the night, taking home $21.50. Nick was second with around $13 I think.

At one point midway through I thought Nick had taken me down in a big way. I had AQ and Q,six,x flopped. I don't remember exactly how the beating went but a six came on the turn and an ace on the river. I thought my two pair would be good, but Nick's boat took me down a notch. He played it just right, I have to give it to him. A couple of times I got burnt on two pairs.

I got back above my buyin when my pocket aces turned into trips on the flop. Nick's brother in law, Cal had bottom pair after the flop and stuck around. He caught a third five on the river, but it gave me the full house and I bet $6. He came over the top, going all in and I made out like a bandit. From there I managed to collect a few more pots and stay up. It was a good night.

No comments: