Thursday, May 27, 2004

The world is full of crashing bores

Now listening to: Morrissey (You are the Quarry)

ANother grueling night of work. A nice, confidence shattering night. I found out that not only am I not going to be the sports editor, that I was no better than the third pick last time, since they gave it to their second choice this time. That's nice, thanks for killing any belief I had that you consider me a valuable employee. I am merely a cog and am easily replaceable.

So that set a fun tone for the night. At least I'm off for the next two days. That will give me a chance to get a little break and not kill everyone I see.

The new Morrissey kicks ass. The more I listen to it the more I like it. Great lyrics and Morrissey's voice seems to be getting better with age. I'm saying it's Filet Mignon. I also bought the new Clutch album (Blast Tyrant) and after only two listens it's excellent. Nothing really new for the band, but up to their high standards. They've just got a great sound, combining metal and southern rock and somehow managing to make it funky. It's really nice. I'm not sure I'd give it Filet Mignon status just yet, but it's close. I may have to make a step between Filet and +1 chainmail. Not sure on that, but it's a consideration.

Anyway I'm gonna try to log some quality time with COH now. After dying twice this afternoon I need to get my ass out of debt. Perez Park, here I come.

No comments: