Monday, May 17, 2004

Sin thine ass off, with my blessing

Now listening to: Sleater-Kinney

Another slackass day, Watched the original Ocean's 11 this afternoon...not good. I give it a Mudbutt. (yay, my new rating system rocks). After that I hooked up with Trip and Corb and we saw Troy, which was pretty good. Nothing fantastic, but decent. It landed safely in +1 chainmail land.

After that we debated about where to eat for a while and it nearly came to blows. Ok maybe I was the only one contemplating violence, but it coulda happened. If there is one thing the Bush Administration has taught me it is that violence is always the answer.

Anyway we ended up grabbing a pizza (only after Corbin fenced me a new watch) and heading to Trip's to watch some Zim. I then went to Walmart in the hopes of picking up City of Heroes, but of course they had none of it. I've given up resistance at this point. I may drive to Danville tomorrow to pick it up, if the weather is nice.

The rest of the night I've spent planted in front of the tube, watching Adult Swim. The Aqua Teens were excellent and the Harvey Birdman was genius, it was about environmental abuse. One of the jokes was Harvey asking how much difference can one make for the environment and Dubya was in the background...he he, political subtext is nice.

Random ratings to things: Sleater-Kinney (All hands down on the bad one)=Filet Mignon. Scent of rotting animal mixed with blooming honeysuckle=Shaq-Fu. Van Helsing=Mudbutt.

No comments: